Saturday 8 May 2010

The keeper of souls

EDM challenge number 97
Draw a present you have received. Why is it special?

Well, for this challenge, I have drawn this wooden rabbit that I got this week.
The rabbit's resting place is on the top shelf of my bookcase. It is special because it is the 'keeper of souls'.
I think books are souls, they are special, you dip into them when you are sad or happy, you find words or pictures that comfort you or inspire you, so the rabbit is looking after their souls.................
The drawing is in black ink with coloured pencils, to add some interest I also used brown paper in certain areas.

12 comments:

  1. You have amazing talent! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. The cross-hatch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great, fun, beautiful, interesting. You are very talented! Nice texting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks proud, he has an important job. Love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rabbit, and I agree with you about books having souls. That he is watching over them is such a lovely thought. Thanx for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with a very special gift! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the lovely comments you left on my blog! I have really enjoyed looking at your work, this sketch of your wooden rabbit is lovely, I really like the collaging of different papers too. I particularly like your botanical paintings and sketches on the card tags, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete